With Valentine’s Day approaching, I’d like to share some conclusions I’ve reached after years of pondering the mysteries of Love.
· Love is a field of energy that inhabits every atom and every space in the universe. It’s a flow of energy within and between us. As evolving humans, our job is to surrender, moment by moment, to Love’s flow of receiving and radiating. Releasing resistance, we step into the river of life and are carried in its current.
· Love is universal and unconditional – a quality of being within each of us. It makes no judgment about the worthiness of who or what we love. No external person or circumstance controls Love’s flow within us.
· Love-consciousness emerges in the quiet spaciousness of presence-in-now. Softening to that inner spaciousness connects us, experientially, to the flow of Love.
· Love is the most powerful healing force in the universe. When we flow with Love, wholeness happens. When we bring Love into any situation, things improve. Collectively, with enough of us radiating Love, we can heal our planet.
· Every human experience can be transformed by Love - and transmuted into Love. For example, if I’m worried about my children, I can hold my fearful self in the healing presence of Love – a transforming experience that allows me to replace the negative energy I was radiating and transmute worry into Love. Better for my kids. Better for me.
· At the level of soul, we are completely in Love with all beings and all that is. A verb and a noun, Love is what we do and who we are.
· Romantic love - imperfect as it is in its conditionality, angst and emphasis on the beauty/goodness/value of the beloved – is one of the ways life guides us toward our authentic Love Nature. Life humbles, deepens and seasons us - like sandpaper, gradually wearing away all that is not Love.
Happy Valentine’s Day!